We want to make you aware of the real dangers of Carbon Monoxide in your home. Chronic long term exposure can lead to health problems, and the elderly and children are most susceptible. Store bought UL listed alarms are made to sound when CO levels have reached 70 PPM. The reason for this is because CO is often present in homes in low levels, and in the past sensitive CO alarms going off, would cause unnecessary calls to the emergency system and it clogged the system up. So manufacturers modified the product to alarm at higher levels. The Problem with that, CO even in low levels is still dangerous.
There are several sources for Carbon Monoxide. The Furnace, Generators, Stoves, Attached Garages, and Hot Water Heaters, having the proper venting in the home and to the appliances is a key factor in avoiding exposure to Carbon Monoxide.
It is a good idea to have a CO alarm on every floor in the home. The NSI 3000 alarm will alert you to small amounts (5 parts per million) of carbon monoxide in the home so this should be placed on the main level of the home. A Carbon Monoxide detector purchased from the store is sufficient in the home because they will alert when the CO level reaches 70 parts per million and maintain that level for four hours but they do not alert to very low levels of carbon monoxide.
NSI 3000 Carbon Monoxide Alarm